Skye Blue Acres is a 23 acre heritage farm located in Puslinch Ontario 10 mins south of Guelph and 10 mins north of the 401. We are an equestrian facility that offers learn-to ride summer camps for ages 6 - 12 yrs of age and an Equine Experiential Learning center that offers Life Skill programs with horses on the ground. (No riding in those programs)
Operational Guidelines for summer camps have been developed by Wellington Dufferin Guelph Public Health and Safety. We have a safe, healthy and fun environment for our campers to learn all about horses!
Includes both a learn to ride component as well as our Leadership and Teamwork Equine Guided Learning activities.
Fundamentals of riding:
Campers learn the foundations of riding in a safe but stimulating lesson each day under an experienced instructor. Fun games and activities will be done daily to help campers build their riding skills while having fun with their friends! In addition to riding campers will also learn:
• Grooming and tacking up their horse
• Horsemanship and how to build a relationship with their horse
• Stable management
• Each camper will have their own horse education work books to fill out, colour, draw and dream from.
When we aren’t riding or learning about horses campers will be able to enjoy:
• Horsey related arts and crafts
• Water games on weather permitting days (not a pool)
What makes our program unique and different from other riding camps is our incorporation of our Equine Guided Learning program. This unique and innovative program is on the ground leadership and teamwork activities that use horses as our partners to explore life skills such as :
• Verbal / Non-Verbal skills
• Understanding communication as a skill
• Plan development
• Individual empowerment, building self esteem and confidence
• Fair minded team member
• Understanding team dynamics
• Moving performance forward with effective conversation
• Understanding ethical leadership
• Understanding choices and consequences
• Understanding how we impact others
• Recognizing conflict in a healthy manner
• Self awareness
*Camp will run from 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
*Our sessions are limited to 6 campers per week
July 4th - 8th
July 11th - 15th
July 25th - 29th
August 8th - 12th
August 15th - 19th
Each camp will need a minimum of 3 children a week, if one week is unable to run children will be accommodated where available.
$395 + HST for the week
*Campers are required to be 6 yrs of age as of January 2022
• Long pants suitable for riding something stretchy (tights, jogging pants or breeches)
• Shorts to change into after riding
• Bathing Suit / towel (weather permitting) Water activities no pool.
• Water bottle
• Boots with a ¼ or ½ inch heel for riding. No open toed shoes please!
• Face masks (mandatory)
• We will supply riding helmets but you can bring your own if you have one.
• Bike helmets to wear during on the ground EAL horse exercises are permitted.